View Single Post
Old 12-28-2010, 10:39 AM

Default What is my focus in 2011?

Pretty much the same focus that I have had for quite awhile:

1) Items related to no-hitters (tickets, vintage signatures and photos/RPPC's of all no-hit pitchers dating back to 1893)

2) Nolan Ryan very unique items to compliment my collection. At this point my collection has advanced to the point that very few new items make the cut.

3) Baseball tickets related to power pitching (high strikeout performances-individual game, for a season, for a career, milestone wins- 1st, 100th, 200th, 300th, last)

4) Individual win tickets for early era pitchers that dominated.

I pretty much go after anything that falls into the "must have" category for items listed above. Money is always a consideration, but I don't have a budget for these purchases, per se... I always purchase items these days considering an exit plan should I ever need to resell them down the line.

Items that no longer fit my central collecting focus tend to get passed along to other collectors. Money that I make from sales has a tendency to be spent on items that I am currrently focused on collecting.

One of the things that I still really enjoy about the hobby more than anything else is a trade that benefits both collectors and leaves everyone happy with the outcome!