View Single Post
Old 07-18-2007, 01:47 AM
Administrator

Default Population of E93s compared to T and E cards

Posted By: JimB

I would mostly echo what Josh has said. Chance is definately the toughest HOF. Pastorious is the toughest common player and is probably the toughest individual card in the set. It is tough to explain why this is the case since we know the whole set was produced on one sheet and so presumably there were an equal # of each produced. Of course Cobb may have been help onto more often than Pastorious, but in general I would not say Cobb is easier than any others. The fact that there are more Cobbs and Wagners graded is a reflection of their value, not the quantities available in my opinion. And I agree with Josh that there has been a lot crossing over back and forth between PSA and SGC so the pop #s are definately distorted. The E93s are mostly all about the same in difficulty.

I think there are less examples of each E93 than E95s or E90-1s, but certainly more than E94, E103, E105 or some of the other tough caramel issues. E98s are probably a little tougher than E93s, but not much imho. E98s are definately tougher in decent shape, though high-grade E93s are pretty darn tough. Almost all of the high-grade E93s came from three finds, including the set Mastro auctioned a couple of years ago for $330k and a recent find of an original collection.

If I were to estimate the # of each card in the set, I would guess it is someshere in the 200-300 range. In comparison, I would estimate the total for any given E94 (regardless of color) at 50-100. I would be curious to hear other's opinions.
JimB