View Single Post
Old 05-19-2021, 09:16 AM
Jonathan Sterling

Of course there are new items discovered in the Hobby all the time. One of the first copies of the scd I read discussed the Discovery of I think only the second 1948 Leaf Bob Feller.
But R315's and W517's were sold in strips and as singles by numerous small retailers. Many young collectors of the time grew to become lifeling Card collectors and remember them. Like strip issues of the 1920's wide distribution but no clear record of the original source.
All of the issues you discuss are in fact in the ACC and the catalogs that followed. But not Baseball Gum's series of 50... from General gum, in Chicago, in 1934 when their non sport issue was cataloged.
Although a number of the backs for issues similar to M104 were discovered later many were recorded early And most made it into the ACC.
Even p4 pins were recorded and in the catalog (How many Baseball pins have specific pedigrees vs large general issues like P10's ) And look at how many pins have been faked. With alot more effort than running off some small signs.
For the record I don’t belive that there was just one of these printed. Just takes an extra large pair to sell one on Ebay... gonna pop up like weeds at flea markets and Antique fairs. Where things like this are prevalent. And of couse we generally don't discuss fake / Fantasy signs here on Net54 main page, Better to discuss real baseball cards.