View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 01:24 PM
Administrator

Default A board protocol/rule question

Posted By: leon

I try to let things "just flow" but sometimes they flow the wrong way...Here's some clarification and my views on some rules for the board.

1. I am always trying to help the hobby so if an auction house wants to come on the main board and advertise their auction, it's ok by me. Again, in moderation...I have never seen it be abused.

2. There is no rule, and will be no rule, against pointing out ebay auctions on the main forum, or providing a link to them. We have been over this before...but exposing an ongoing ebay auction is going to piss some folks off as they don't want the attention drawn to it....ie more bidders. I don't think it should be done but there is no rule against it.

3. It is NOT ok to advertise what you have for sale, privately or on ebay, on the main board. There are a few extraordinary occasions when it has been permitted but for the most part it's a no-no.

If there are more questions post them in this thread and I will answer them. My answers so far are consistent with how the board has been run the last year and a half.....

regards
moderator dude..

edited to say...btw, Steve F....this board does in fact get at least a few hundred hits a day here's this month until right now....

Fri, Sep 1..... 17,167
Sat, Sep 2..... 13,480
Sun, Sep 3..... 10,754
Mon, Sep 4..... 12,525
Tue, Sep 5..... 7,492