View Single Post
Old 06-20-2022, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
A raw '85 Clemens that appears mint sells for like $10, and SGC 8 sells for around $24 (a difference of $14). So right now you have the $10 card, you'd need SGC 9 (~$35) for the difference to cover the fee. The other players you mentioned likely won't have as high of a difference in price. I don't think grading fee is worth it.

They've been sitting in the box untouched for 30+ years, if you are keeping them then why grade? Why not just put them in top loaders? 100 cards x $24 = $2400 in fees, and in the end you will have the exact same cards you already have. Wouldn't it be more fun to spend that $2400 on new cards?

But your responses seem like you are trying to convince yourself it is worth it to do the grading, so go for it. Perhaps the thrill you experience with grading will be worth it. But maybe instead of sending in 100, maybe just start with 10 and see how you do? Let us know how you make out, good luck!

I did send 26 cards into SGC and I am expecting back any day now.I really like the way cards look in their holders.I know the PSA rep on a personal level and he is trying to convince me to send them to PSA.
But even for their cheapest submissions it is a bid more expensive and 4 times the turn around time. But you are right. I am trying to convince myself that this is the right thing to do.I am not quite there yet.
But I have to admit I am pretty darn close.I just feel they may make better traders if I have them graded. I understand it is a bit of money for maybe no gain in value and still have to give up the card if I trade it.
Thanks a lot for your input.