View Single Post
Old 04-05-2021, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belfast1933 View Post
Nice! I can see there are a lot of “us“ out there.

I’d also be interested to hear how each of you decide which card makes your collection for each player.

For me, I prefer the player with the team that I most associate them during their playing days. Then, I look for, what I consider to be the best looking card for that player.

The final step is to group text my family and have a virtual “beauty contest” where they each vote for their fave - it’s become a bit of a fun family affair, actually

Question – how do you all display your collection?
Choice of card is mostly a matter of price/availability. I'd prefer the team the player is most associated with, and for the Topps era that's no trouble, but for pre-war cards I'm willing to compromise. That Hornsby was not expensive, and for a not expensive Hornsby I'm willing to tolerate the fact that he's on the wrong St. Louis team.

Display: except for graded cards, in a binder. One card per page. I cut down a 3x5 card to use as a backing behind undersized cards so you can't see the card on the next sheet. The idea is for each page to be its own little exhibit featuring that player. Over sized cards I put in a card saver, mount that on a sheet of card stock, and put the whole thing in one of those full-sheet-of-paper plastic pages. (See Speaker below.) I put a full sheet of card stock in a page protector before any over-sized cards, so that the over-sized card isn't visible when looking at the cards in front of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg speaker.jpg (28.4 KB, 667 views)
File Type: jpg clarkson page.jpg (17.7 KB, 664 views)