View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 07:30 PM
P@trick R.omolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
You are assuming that all 35 subjects were equally submitted for grading. THIS IS NOT SO ! And, I'm sure you know this.

A large number of T206 collectors get their Cobb, Johnson, Matty, CYoung cards GRADED. However, many T206 collectors (like me) DO NOT
bother to get their less valuable cards graded. There are many, many T206 sets (and stars and commons) that are NOT GRADED. Therefore,
comparing Cobb (or Johnson, Matty, CYoung) with the remaining cards in this Group of 35 is inconsequential.

My theory (presented approx 10 years ago), hypothesized that American Litho (ALC) divided the 63 subjects of the 350/460 series into two
groups when ALC started printing the 460-type backs.......this theory has withstood the test of time.

Group A comprises of these 35 subjects. Group B consists of the remaining 28 subjects in the 350/460 series. ALC printed sheets of T206's
with basic formats of 12, 36, 48, etc. cards.

Therefore with Group A having 35 subjects, ALC needed one more subject. The red Cobb is ATC's "signature T206" so it's a pretty good guess
that the Red Cobb was Double-Printed this format.

TED Z

T206 REFERENCE....convenient access to T206 checklists
I'm not assuming that at all. I know that Cobb would be submitted
more than any of the others for grading and cracked out and resubmitted
too. If he was printed twice as much as the others subjects his pop number
should be far more than double any of the other subjects.

The sales don't reflect him being double printed either this is a list of all
of the card target sales raw and graded by all company's since 2008 for
the 35 subjects with a SC350/460 factory 42 back.

img942.jpg