View Single Post
Old 11-30-2020, 01:11 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default T206 REFERENCE.....Unique Antique CAR(ds).....Show us your "One of a Kind" T206(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat R View Post
If you're basing your proof that Cobb was double printed on the pop report numbers how do you explain the wide variation in the numbers on the other super prints?
There are almost twice as many Evers (9) as there are Chase- black cap (5), almost twice as many Chance (17) as there are Evers (9), over
double the amount of Chase- blue (11) as there are Chase-black (5) and three times as many Chance (17) as Chase -black (5).

You are assuming that all 35 subjects were equally submitted for grading. THIS IS NOT SO ! And, I'm sure you know this.

A large number of T206 collectors get their Cobb, Johnson, Matty, CYoung cards GRADED. However, many T206 collectors (like me) DO NOT
bother to get their less valuable cards graded. There are many, many T206 sets (and stars and commons) that are NOT GRADED. Therefore,
comparing Cobb (or Johnson, Matty, CYoung) with the remaining cards in this Group of 35 is inconsequential.

My theory (presented approx 10 years ago), hypothesized that American Litho (ALC) divided the 63 subjects of the 350/460 series into two
groups when ALC started printing the 460-type backs.......this theory has withstood the test of time.

Group A comprises of these 35 subjects. Group B consists of the remaining 28 subjects in the 350/460 series. ALC printed sheets of T206's
with basic formats of 12, 36, 48, etc. cards.

Therefore with Group A having 35 subjects, ALC needed one more subject. The red Cobb is ATC's "signature T206" so it's a pretty good guess
that the Red Cobb was Double-Printed this format.

TED Z

T206 REFERENCE....convenient access to T206 checklists