Thread: 1978 Topps Page
View Single Post
Old 04-21-2024, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason.1969 View Post
Love it! My first set as well. Didn’t know about the DP concept at the time but I sure did notice how many more Warren Brusstar cards I seemed to get vs most other players.

Ah, and I did play PLAY BALL! Here is a fun article I wrote as a tribute to the game. https://sabrbaseballcards.blog/2019/...978-topps-set/
Love the article!

What a friend and I would do is sort the cards by team, them randomly 'draft' 13 teams each. Then, we'd do a couple hours of 'trading' - we had no idea what we were doing so it'd go something like this - the Chicago White Sox trade John Verhoeven, Jorge Orta and Don Kirkwood to the Montreal Expos for Stan Bahnsen, Steve Rogers and Pete Mackanin. And then we'd exchange the cards.

When we did that for a while, we would one of our electronic baseball games - bigger than handhelds like Electronic Quarterback, but not too much so.

We'd play a game using the cards and the machine (the machine was meant to just be two people playing each other, but instead of Dave and Mark, it'd be the Mariners against the Red Sox or something.

We had grand designs on playing a full season, but we never made it more than a few games I don't think.