Thread: Tywagner1223
View Single Post
Old 01-16-2022, 02:07 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Quote:
Originally Posted by itjclarke View Post
Thanks for heads up guys. I received a few separate messages that maybe help explain my experience.

Still don't know the full, prior story as it may have played out here. In my case there was no disaster, no scam, and I'm out nothing, so it obviously could have been worse. But there was a frustrating lack of interest in my multiple inquiries and offers, (4-5 over a week+) which started at about 85-90% of asking and reached 95%. Once I learned of the 10% discount, I would have likely just paid his full asking... but he decided to re-list at a substantially increased asking price ($300-$400 more) over the weekend. When he finally responded to my offer with a counter offer Monday, it was at$200+ more than the full BIN asking price had been last week when I started sending messages.

By then, it was Monday night, and I wanted to get the 10% coupon, so just decided to buy another card, from a seller who immediately responded to my offer with a nice counter offer.

None of this was a big deal, but don't think I'll be making offers on that original card any time soon.
That's his MO Ian, I've experienced the same thing. Make a respectable offer and he'll bump the listing price.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-