View Single Post
Old 02-08-2021, 09:14 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Originally Posted by dio View Post
I think really higher end stuff iconic rookie grade 6+ will eventually hard to find unless paying ridiculously high bin now. When modern collectors diversify some of the asset into iconic vintage. Those will be ultra blue chip long hold
Agree. Keep it.

Not the same thing, but a lesson learned. A few years ago I bought 2 ounces of rhodium for $775 each. I later sold one on ebay for a net profit of about a hundred and fifty bucks, and about a year ago traded the other one for 4 ounces of platinum, worth a little under $4,000.

Today, two ounces of rhodium are worth $38,000.00. Point is, when you have a rare, quality commodity, keep it. Someday the value of the 1952 Mays will more closely approach the 1952 Mantle, and the value of your card could easily get into 6 figures. Granted, the '52 Mantle is a high number, but it is also a double print. Career-wise, I would take Mays over Mantle personally and so would a lot of other people. Since you say you don't need the money, and the card will obviously always be worth way more than what you paid for it, just keep it and enjoy the ride.

If you sell it you could have serious rhodium-like regrets. If you keep it you will always have a great card with no regrets.