View Single Post
Old 12-19-2020, 06:00 AM
Tony Ooten

I always just collected the most current issues starting when I was a kid (72) thru the time I started a family (mid 90's).

I restarted collecting current issues back in '09 when the kids became more independent - that's when I happened upon net54 and became hooked on pre-war.

I was strictly pre-war for a few years, then jumped back on this side of the war as well when I decided to expand my pre-war gatherings and build a well rounded collection representing 1900 thru 1999.

as we know, card issues exploded in the 90's, so my 90's collection became focused on a Barry Larkin type set. I amassed about 1300 different Larkins (representing his playing days).

also started two 90's sets autographed. (94 pinnacle & 95 ud cc se)

Those were the last two real forays I made into modern.

I picked up some packs and boxes from target over the last few years, but fortunately for my wallet and closet space, they didn't stick.

Been selling things off the last two years across the entire 20th century, and I think I've enjoyed that as much as I did collecting them in the first place. most of the cards I collected in the actual 90's are practically worthless, but I have a soft spot for them, and it's been alot of fun sorting through them again, weeding out the keepers, and patiently selling those that didn't make the cut for a few cents net to me after fees, postage, envelope.

I just like cards

Last edited by tonyo; 12-19-2020 at 06:04 AM.