View Single Post
Old 01-28-2024, 10:04 AM
Fred

Default Where's the line drawn for AUTH and ALT?

I had a difficult time trying to figure out two things about an auction lot that ended in Heritage on 27JAN24:

1 – Why such a high price? Rhetorical question with the answer being because someone really wanted it that badly.

2- At what point do TPGs not holder a card AUTH or at least provide some clue to the alteration?

This truly Frankenstein N300 Anson sold for $2880 (includes the BP).

The card is in a PSA AUTH holder. Kudos to Heritage for adding more information to the description after they noticed the bottom of the card (with Mayo ad) was glued on to the card. They could have easily indicated, "well, it's graded by PSA". If you didn’t look closely, you may not have noticed the piece that was glued on/added.

At what point do TPGs holder or not holder a card? I’m already anticipating the responses that indicate “well, it is an authentic card”.

I suppose someone could paste a tab to the bottom of a Zeenut and call it Zeenut with tab…

This is authentic and ALTERED. Any differences between AUTH and ALT or are they the same?

The card was part of an REA auction from the Spring 2017 auction. The picture in the REA auction description shows the card in a GAI AUTH holder and the bottom ad is clearly removed.

REA_Heritage compare_s.jpg