View Single Post
Old 12-16-2021, 03:01 PM
St3phen M@rchillo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I broke a box of 2021 Heritage yesterday and it was easily the worst break ever. The box topper was a nobody common, there was one (1) insert card (a common card with the French variation) and the autograph/relic in the box was a Clubhouse Joey Votto (unsigned). No variations, no other inserts, nothing. Base card-wise, I didn't even get a Mike Trout. I'm just glad the box was a gift because if I'd paid over $100 for that experience I'd have been profoundly disappointed.

So what was your worst box break ever in this era of inserts?
I just broke a box of 2021 Heritage high - Did not get a complete set either - I was short 6 cards for a complete set and I got 3 base doubles. I got 8 sp's, a #/572, one action card, and a few inserts. My "hit" was a paper napkin looking relic of W Contreras (Cubs) my box topper was a Ron Santo - I hate oversized cards so its kind of blah. I also get the Cavan Biggio card they failed to include in the regular boxes of heritages.

The hits etc were as expected - my biggest two beefs are - the QC - the cards are dinged up pretty good. I wouldn't grade them - but in an age of PSA 9/10 the card manufacturers should do a better job. Also I wish they would just give you a complete set. I'm not buying another box to get 6 cards so I'll have to hunt them. Maybe they want that - but still kind of annoying.