View Single Post
Old 01-25-2015, 06:17 AM
Mi_ch.ael Bo,rk_in

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnVme7 View Post
I would imagine they are getting made from his insurance if I'm understanding the question correctly. Anytime you receive a ring like this, you get paperwork and a value for insurance purposes that come with it.

Though for someone like him, perhaps the team or manufacturer is taking care of it due to the circumstances? I can't see how he would be able to get insurance money on top of that.
Balfour will remake the rings but not for free. The Yankees will probably try to have Sterling or his insurance company pay for them. I believe Sterling's salary is paid for by Radio station, WFAN, not the Yankees.

Here's an angle you probably never thought about before but it does occasionally happen: If a ring is lost or stolen and insurance pays out on the ring, and then the ring is found years later and returned to the player, technically, the insurance company owns the ring, not the player.

I picked up a gorgeous player-sized Ravens super bowl 47 ring from the insurance company that paid on the claim.

Last edited by sports-rings; 01-25-2015 at 06:19 AM.