View Single Post
Old 09-06-2020, 12:09 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael B View Post
I usually do not have great news to share. I do wake up every morning walking and talking and all of the 5 major senses working. Everything after that is a bonus and/or a blessing depending on your religious leanings.

About 2 months ago I read the story about the little boy in Wyoming who saved his sister's live from a vicious dog. During the encounter he was attacked and received something like 75 stitches, mostly to his face. All of the major superhero actors contacted him. The Captain America person was going to send him a real shield and the Spider Man actor invited him to the filming of the next movie.

Before it hit the network news it got coverage on the web - MSN and AOL. His aunt wrote that he loved rocks, wanted to be a geologist one day and would love it if people would send him some rocks. She provided an address in the article. I do enjoy looking at mineral displays at museums though I don't collect them myself. However, one of my interests is collecting fossils along the Potomac River in Maryland about 30 miles south of Washington, D.C. There is a great state park where you can find Paleocene Era (56-59 million years ago) sharks teeth, crocodile teeth and other fossils.

I put together a package of items putting them in small labeled baggies. I included extinct sand tiger teeth, extinct goblin shark teeth, crocodile tooth, turtle scute (outer armor), sting ray plates (for grinding food), a few odd bones (maybe turtle or croc), turitella molds (shells that look like a spiral) and a Piscataway Indian point (arrowhead). I also wrote him some information about all of the items and where I found them. I knew he would be overwhelmed with all of the attention, but was happy I could share one of my passions with him.

Monday or Tuesday I received this:

Attachment 417010

The postcard got a little scraped up going through the mail sorters. Not the first time this has happened to me but it is okay.

Remember, it is easier to be kind or say a kind word. You have to think to be or act cruel.
I loved fossils growing up in Montana. You were very kind. Thanks for sharing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo