View Single Post
Old 01-14-2021, 12:34 PM
Chris
Ch.ris Pa.rtin

WOW! I know a man (not very well) who has a PSA 9. He has his and three of his childhood friends' collections. When they started chasing girls he traded things for their boxes of cards.

He had four 52 Mantle's and they were all ungraded. About 10 years ago he met a dealer who said his four cards would grade about 6-7's. He traded two of them for the PSA 9 the dealer had which is his only graded card.

I spoke to him a month ago and he was surprised to hear about the boom in cards as he doesn't collect anymore and has most of them in a safety deposit box to save for his son.

My thoughts seeing this: I bet that dealer regrets that trade and I need to get in touch with this guy and let him know what this just sold for!

Edited to add: I did not personally see the card as he said it was in a bank vault. I did see photos on his phone of a huge gun like safe filled with boxes and boxes of 50’s cards. The stars were simply in top loaders. He had multiples of all of them. I have no reason to doubt him. I will find out!

Last edited by campyfan39; 01-14-2021 at 01:14 PM. Reason: More info