Thread: TNT Sportscards
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2023, 07:47 PM
Fred

Quote:
Originally Posted by uyu906 View Post
I believe I was just scammed by this ebay seller tntnorthnj. I won an auction from him for a 1964 Richie Allen RC. He accepted my payment, then I did not hear from him for 3 days. Ok, I understand stuff happens. The day I contacted him about when the item would ship, he immediately sends me a notice that the package now has a tracking number. By 4pm the tracking number says SHIPMENT RECEIVED ACCEPTANCE PENDING
TALLMAN, NY 10982

It then stalled in that position from the 4th-7th in USPS tracking. I did not NOT contact anyone about this, as I was hopeful it would move out into the in transit category of the USPS tracking site. However, I get a message from Ebay today that the seller has cancelled my auction order. I did not ask for this to be cancelled or my money back.

The guy has a large amount ebay sales and is rated highyly by ebay. However, after this happened I dug further into his ebay reputation and see that he has over 400 negatives over the last 12 months. A number of the negs describing a similar problem with the same scam.

Anyone know this guy or deal with him? What is this scam gaining for him? Is he doing this when a card sells for less than they hoped?

I know I should not have just looked at the ebay rating which is still outstanding - I guess because of the quantity of cards he sells.

Be warned -

Rich Saylor

Wow, 400 negs and mostly for the same reason? There's a lesson learned. Sorry to hear things aren't working out smoothly, but 400 negs and I'd have been moving on to the next seller.