View Single Post
Old 04-02-2022, 10:01 AM
Shane

I was able to acquire these from the Albert Pujols Family Foundation. It early in the 2006 baseball season and Albert was absolutely on fire. His foundation announced that they would be selling 10 (I think) signed pair of game used batting gloves from the 2005 season. I was online waiting for the exact moment they went on sale and made the purchase. My payment went through but they were sold out. I can't remember if I made the phone call or I received a phone call....but I was able to talk to Todd Perry, the head of his foundation and he apologized that I was number 11 and that they only had 10 pair. Since my payment went through he promised me that in a few days he would talk to Albert and he would get me a pair but it would have to be from 2006. That was not a problem at all because he actually alluded that the gloves would be from early in 2006. Albert Pujols just happened to break the all time April home run record with 14. These gloves are most likely from April 2006.

I was able to match the exact same style and slightly possibly the same gloves on his 2007 Topps card. I designed the display and had it made. It hangs in our bedroom.