View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 05:01 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default my experience

My experience has been that grading companies will look at all of the facts surrounding a card, including what the circumstances of "how" it's being came about. On a few different occasions I have sent exemplar cards with cards to be graded. That wasn't the particular situation here as all came from the same find and the ones I have sent in, except for the Trucker Boy find, were only similar cards from the same series. I know I am a big proponent of all kinds of provenance and the more the merrier. The recent E100 printer scraps I acquired came from the same shoebox of 400 PCL cards, of which many of them got sold in REA last night. There were E100 type ones and type 2's and we just don't see too many collections like that. (at least not that I have seen in my limited time in the hobby). Had those printers scraps come from Ohio and were the only things being sold I would have been much more suspect. The short answer is I think the grading companies will take into account different circumstances but at the end of the day the card does have to stand on its own.