View Single Post
Old 01-11-2023, 07:27 PM
Jeremy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowman View Post
This is a pretty straight-forward policy. I don't understand the confusion. If a slab shows any signs of damage, it is more than reasonable to think that the card inside may have been damaged as well. If you drop a card in a PSA holder and it lands on a tile floor, cracking the corner of the slab, there's a pretty decent chance that the card inside might have sustained damage as its edges were jolted against the bumpers inside. I've seen countless cards inside PSA holders where the edges were damaged by the bumpers. If PSA receives a damaged slab from a customer, regardless of the extent of that damage, they are more than within their rights to want to examine the card again. And once they crack it out, the card just goes into grading without the bias of the label. A grader receives it raw just like any other card and gives it a grade.

The real problem here is that PSA has moved its own goalposts, not that they regrade cards in cracked slabs.

Just one more reason I own ~0 PSA holders with old certs. I buy the cards, not the holders. And nearly every single card in an old holder has been over-graded even by yesterday's standards, let alone today's.
The new certs are just as bad, and in most cases worse than old certs. When searching for a card I'm looking for it's more often than not (when comparing PSA old vs. PSA new) it's the old label that has the better centering and aesthetics than the new. Their grading in regards to centering is atrocious, and that's only if they give it the correct label to begin with. Seems like even the simplest of tasks is too much to ask of the new PSA.