View Single Post
Old 09-30-2004, 08:16 PM
Administrator

Default Master list of reputable vintage ebay sellers - Is this possible?

Posted By: Gary B.

If you're like me, you spend more time on ebay researching if a seller or auction looks legitimate than you do actually looking for auctions. I was envisioning a place where people could add the id of sellers they've bought cards from that were legit - kind of a grand master list of reputable ebay vintage card dealers. Maybe even using our own grading system of 1 for each person who's bought from them and recommend then. I also envisioned a system where one negative experience (scam, card grossly misrepresented, seller irresponsible in some major way) would kick them off the list no matter how many positives they had. I imagine with all the Net54 regulars using this, it would grow to quite a large list in no time. I think something like this could be invaluable for people, to save having to ask each time we are wondering if a seller is reputable or do tons of unneeded research due to pooled knowledge.

This of course would just be a tool and not an opportunity to "turn off your brain" as common sense and some research might still be necessary, but it could also be a great time-saver. Of course someone (Net54?) would have to host this list in a way that it was easy to access, add to, remove an id if necessary, keep alphabetical, etc., so I'm just really suggesting the idea and seeing what people think. Maybe something like this already exists or has been tried before or suggested before - I don't know being relatively new to the board.

Input please.