View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 09:11 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
No i am talking about the boxes of packs at stores...same price...same amount of cards..though i think the pack says isays 17-22 cards or some numbers like that with a range....same price....why buy the noticeably skinnier packs from the same box/same price...if the special cards are only in the 'fatter' packs...one person said the autos could still be in the skinny packs so theres value in both..

thus if skinnier packs are as valuable as the fat packs in the same box/same price then problem is solved.....and no issue of anyone picking out the fatter packs since the skinnier ones may the most valuable

Again its the same box at walmart...same prices...but you visually see a much greater width in some of packs.
Okay, got it. Yes it was simply the wrong terminology you were using as "fat pack" is a completely differing item. I can roll with "thicker pack", lol.

To be honest, just as G1911 is stating, complete twits bring postal scales to the store and weigh each pack searching for small gram differences to ID inserts. If each and every pack had a dummy this would pull this safety out of the equation and each pack should again weigh the same. Mixing it up, throws at least a partial wrench is the way of the scammer.

For every action, a scam artist looks for a way. Just as the greatest losses at any grocery store comes from the self checkout lanes as the untoward weigh steaks as bananas and have false UPC codes on wrist bracelets the changes will evolve.

To put it simply, the companies try...some a**holes beat them, some do not. Personally I think the pack thickness makes zero difference and ignore completely.

Sealed boxes in the only way to go for me. This scamming goes well into the LCS market as well and has been going on since the Jordan collation of an unopened 1986 Fleer box was well known in the industry.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 07-12-2022 at 09:16 AM.