View Single Post
Old 05-06-2009, 05:50 PM

I agree with the above. It seems like sites like autographalert are simply on a mission to weed through every auction with an agenda. They do get it right more often than not, but how many errors does the well respected authenticating firm make per 100?

But I think Ron's point is believed by many who target JSA and PSA/DNA and thats...can a Frank Chance single signed baseball really exist?

Mastro claimed to have the only one in existence some time back, but I think if I went through the mountain of catalogs sitting in a corner of the office, I can remember several others being offered by other auction houses and authenticated by the same respected experts.

Or Jack Chesbro in single signed ball form, which I saw in a major catalog once authenticated by one of the two.

I had a long conversation with Ron once and we spoke about single signed balls (and I'm on the same page as him) and we spoke about how certain players of equal value during some time periods exists, while others do not.

You see a few vintage Roy Campanella single signed balls, but never a vintage Duke Snider. You see Roberto Clemente single signed balls, but you never see a vintage Frank Robinson or Willie McCovey. What would be the point of the forger to forge a vintage McCovey.

Dan