View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanP View Post
I agree. Most of them are younger guys bragging about their purchases. The current modern card market reminds me of how everyone is an "expert" in a bull stock market. I guess things are changing but paying $20k for a Jalen Hurts auto 1/1 makes no sense to me! Oh, back to the podcasts. There are two of them that I really like:
The Collector & The Dealer (bought some nice cards from "The Collector" who is a member of N54)
The Golden Age of Cardboard
Thanks!
I appreciate the feedback guys. Thank you!

I haven't ever thought about doing a podcast. Maybe at some point. I listen to The Golden Age of Cardboard as well. I think Mike is a member here also.

I know the channels that talk of this card is worth this and this card is worth that draws a lot of views and are popular but for me personally, it's not what interests me. It's kind of like if someone is at my house and sees my cards, I like it much better when they ask me to tell them about the player or the set instead of asking "how much is that worth"? I enjoy talking about a players place in history or what I think makes them interesting.

My hope is to do some player profiles, including some prewar guys and talk about what I find interesting about those players. Kind of a Glory of Their Times book feel without being able to interview the players.