View Single Post
Old 01-05-2013, 11:48 PM
Banned

its a bad ball, but not for the reasons that are displayed here. people are using deductive reasoning, they dont like max, so they deduce the ball is bad because of the authenticator.

if the same ball had a psa or jsa cert, it would be incredible and a great ball. because people will deduce that because it has a psa or jsa cert, it must be good.

and if you dont believe what i have said, look at the $350,000 dollar plus baseball certed by psa. no one here says it is bad, because it is psa.

but put a drew max or morales cert with it and put it on coaches corner, and people will say "look at that piece of crap, snow white, slowly, evenly drawn, no twists and turns of the pen, no dark and light contrasing spots, or light skipping, just dark ink like it was signed yesterday, a 9.5 grade on a 70 year old ball when my joe dimaggio signed 15 years ago is as yellow as a school bus. who do they think they are kidding." etc.

its the truth but people won't admit it.

that is why when people show a babe ruth autograph that might be a forgery, might not, and he doesnt show the cert, the same people who would bash it to high heaven if it were a max or morales certed item, are reluctant to say anything about it, because they cant be sure that psa or jsa didnt cert the item instead. so the first thing they ask is "does it have a cert, who issued it?"

if morales or max, then its a piece of crap, if psa or jsa, then its as good as gold. i have seen that a million times. The authentication companies like to ask "where did you get it" rather than authenticating the autograph. if you got it from a dealer of collector or auction house they don't like, then uh oh, spaghetti-o!!!

Not to say morales or max are getting it right, but i have seen psa and jsa protectionism by the "friends of grad and spence" routine more times than i care to count.

Now who has the honesty and courage to give a +1 to this statement, that happens to be true and we all know it?

Case in point, the jsa graded ball below. Wouldn't it look great in a coaches corner auction with a Morales cert so we could all bash it and write 9 pages about how silly it looks. You know it's true. how it is a piece of morales certed garbage and how it is ridiculous. Well, if it is a piece of Morales certed garbage, then why isn't it a piece of JSA certed garbage when it has a JSA cert? No one will speak up? Afraid? Where is the PSA cert on this JSA cubed ball? Isn't that peculiar and something to wonder about, just not out loud I suppose, the walls have ears. These two companies certifications get protectionism in the form of the silent treatment more than marcel marceau's wife.

Don't be afraid of offending people. I am not afraid. They won't put your name on some list.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg BabePSA9.5.jpg (19.1 KB, 335 views)
File Type: jpg BabeRuthball.jpg (67.7 KB, 334 views)

Last edited by travrosty; 01-06-2013 at 03:00 AM.