View Single Post
Old 01-03-2023, 02:25 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by homerunhitter View Post
I think my point on my post is for example are there many people here chafing 1979 topps or 1978 topps? Or getting excited about 1977 topps! I think more would get excited about 1952 topps or 1953 topps or chasing 1955 topps or 1956 topps versus 1974 topps!
I would say this is not true in my experience at all.

Many, if not most collectors enjoy the memories and feelings they receive from their collections. The cards that twist the heart strings of childhood will bring you out and are usually the first sets purchased.

With the younger crowd on here, there's constant mentions of sets I have little interest in like 88 or 91 Topps. For myself, I prefer 1985 Topps over any and all other sets of any year as it was my favorite year of collecting and when I jumped in full force.

Most members have favorites of years they began, I have seen true excitement for the 22' Topps Heritage with the 73' format. I would rate this one of the worst designs Topps ever created, but I would never look down on someone's childhood whimsy.

It's all perspective, for me the happiness I get from those memories far surpasses other sets. I still love them, but its a different kind of love. Those days of riding bikes to get cards, a soda, and a Marathon Bar rule all.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.