View Single Post
Old 11-06-2020, 01:02 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
As much as they might be guilty of other things, I don't think we should be blaming PWCC for selling this card. If someone consigned this to them or any other auction house, I wouldn't necessarily expect the auction house to do an additional thorough investigation of its own if it's already in a PSA holder. (Of course, I would expect an auction house to catch the '14 CJ reprint, but that's a whole other story....)

Should PWCC give a refund on this, once presented with the evidence? Maybe - hard to say. But I can't blame them for selling this one in the first place....

Scott S@r!@n
Auction houses, like TPG hold themselves out as being "experts"
A cursory measurement of a card that looks narrow right off, should be enough to make anyone take a longer look.

If a card is in a box of hundreds or more, ok, a fake or altered card sliding through is acceptable. If it's a single graded card that's supposedly one of the two best known, that alone should prompt closer examination.

But then, PWCC routinely works with people who alter cards, so not looking at all closely is just business as usual.