View Single Post
Old 02-17-2012, 11:14 AM

I have expressed my feelings before, some agree, some don't, I don't see anything wrong with fellow collectors "stepping aside" for each other on a particular card that is needed. I am aware of the "consignor" argument and I mostly buy cards although I do sell some, mostly duplicates or from sets I no longer am thrilled about, but I still feel there is nothing wrong with collectors helping each other this way. I will go one step further, I don't see a problem with collectors going together to buy a set or large lot and have a plan to divide up the winning cards. I have purchased sets before just to obtain a handful of cards and then sold the rest on BST or ebay, card by card and have also gone in with a group of collectors who might need a type card or a team card or just a couple for their set. There is always the argument that this lowers the final purchase price and hurts consignors but in actuality, there have been a few sets that none of us could afford but we could be vigorous bidders when we come together. The final price was driven up because of the group's bidding...
Just my 2 cents....