Thread: Goldin Vault
View Single Post
Old 07-27-2021, 08:37 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qcards View Post
I think the vault idea is a valid selling option and I have considered using it but my major concern is that there is some type of lawsuit filed against the vault owner and that the assets would be frozen during a legal tie up or worse, the company claims bankruptcy and assets (cards) are frozen.

Any opinion on how valid these concerns are?
Consider this very superficial and don't rely on it, but if I understand the vault concept the cards would not be Goldin's assets, the buyer would still own them and they wouldn't be subject to any action by Goldin's creditors. It's a "bailment" or something similar. But that would all be specified in the agreement.

Your basic Wikipedia definition:
Bailment is a legal relationship in common law, where the owner transfers physical possession of personal property ("chattel") for a time, but retains ownership. The owner who surrenders custody to a property is called the "bailor" and the individual who accepts the property is called a "bailee".[1] The bailee is the person who possesses the personal property in trust for the owner for a set time and for a precise reason and who delivers the property back to the owner when he or she has accomplished the purpose that was initially intended.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 07-27-2021 at 08:39 AM.