View Single Post
Old 02-20-2019, 11:33 PM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fballguy View Post
Congrats Mark! Glad you got it. Will be a fun experiment. A few tips...

I'd attack this one from the back. Hang the pennant vertically, face down so you're spraying the back of the pennant. I lean the bottom of a shallow, plastic storage bin against the wall and tape the pennant inside with painters tape so it's hanging down inside the bin. That way any excess water/bleach runs off. Then I'd mist the back of the pennant using a spray bottle. Don't saturate. Do a little at a time until it starts to soak through...checking the results periodically. I'd give it a good misting then let it sit for 5 minute before turning it around and checking the results. It will get whiter over time. It's not always instantaneous. Once you get a feel for the color fastness of the red paint, you can increase as needed. Don't be in a hurry. Be patient.

If the blue is stubborn, I'd probably hit that directly from the front. You can use an old, rigid pennant holder (I'm sure you have one laying around ) to create a barrier between the stained area of the pennant and the graphics. Then you can spray liberally without worrying about hitting the paint directly. Imagine a clear, plastic wall between where you are spraying and the graphics.

In case of emergency...

I'd also have a second spray bottle with straight water. If you notice the red is running, the race is on. You have to throw caution to the wind at this point and hit the running area with water...saturate the bleeding area (use a stream so you can focus on your target area more precisely) to get that excess red paint to run completely off the pennant. It will run off without staining...and if you're using just water, the bleeding should stop. Just keep hitting with water until you see no more bleeding and all of the red run off has been washed away.

The disclaimer...

See Rob's post above. There's always the chance you may be screwed.

Good luck!
Well thanks for the pep talk and good advice. I feel like Sly Stallone to your Burgess Meredith. It's gonna be a knock down-drag out fight...

I'm going for it like Rocky did against Apollo Creed, with spray bottles in each hand. And if the "bleeding" becomes too much, I will use pure water to halt the fight. I do not see it going 15 rounds, and do not predict a knockout either way. Odds are, it will be a split decision, with the pennant emerging a bit better, but not perfect.

I'm nervous and punch drunk, but my OCD won't let me live with that pennant, bruised and beaten as it currently is. And even if I go down for the count, I've only been sucker-punched for $55 bucks! It could be an epic bout.

I sure hope nobody reads this... might be my worst post ever

Last edited by perezfan; 02-21-2019 at 02:02 AM.