View Single Post
Old 09-27-2021, 02:34 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny630 View Post
Ahhh Jeff it's just so hard for me !!!! I might sell my Killer 55 SGC 7 Clemente as a start to put some money away...it's just difficult for me to sell the Mantles from over the years....IDK it's a good problem to have I guess, well no I know it is. I'm just thankful for the good smart people on this board that have a wealth of knowledge, experience, and love of the cards that I do.
Hi

I agree and never said it was easy. and only going on the question as you put it. Knowing your love of your collection I was trying to find a middle ground so you would not have to part with all the Mantles you Love for the 1 Ultimate prize you want so much.

As collectors we all have the love/attachment for our cards. For most of us it is not an investment but a passion of the collection. Many times I have wanted certain cards and either I would have had to trade or sell certain cards to get it. AND for me I have not made any of those trades or sales yet so sadly I missed out on some (to me ) amazing cards.

But There are a Few "Bucket List/Wish Cards" that if they became available then I would probably jump at them even if I had to trade/sell most of my collection.

So you need to decide in the simplest terms do you want that 52 Mantle more then all the other Mantles. If so pull the trigger before your Dream Mantle is gone or if the market keeps going sideways you may potentially be priced out of it and would have to sell more of your collection beyond the Mantles

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph