View Single Post
Old 08-29-2016, 08:15 AM
Andy S@ld@n@

I have always been fond of three of the set you mentioned: 1986 Donruss, 1987 Donruss and 1990 Score. Let me start with 1986 Donruss, obviously Canseco was the key but there are decent second tier rookies like McGriff and O'Neill included and plus I never found these in stores were I grew up. As far as the 1987 Donruss, I remember buying packs and rack packs at Eckerd's Drug Store. Solid rookie collection with Bonds, Jackson, McGwire (technically not a RC), and Maddux. I both hated and loved the black borders but centering on that set drives me nuts. I have always been a big fan of the 1990 Score set with its simplistic approach of the green, red and blue borders for the majority of the set and the last 44 cards or so were treated with the white borders that included the extremely popular Bo Jackson B/W card. That card and the Frank Thomas card were the ones to get. Too bad production was out of control but I do have fun thumbing thru some of those sets as it is my "time capsule" to go back in time. Good times. 1990 Score as my pick with the other two sets runner-up.

Last edited by slinger23; 08-29-2016 at 08:16 AM. Reason: edit