View Single Post
Old 09-29-2021, 05:51 AM
(DJ) Rich.ard.s

For me, the one card I would really want would be the Just So Cy Young.
However, I would not trade my collection for it. In the past I have thought about selling my whole collection to acquire a single marquee card but quickly realized that I like having a collection that I have built from scratch, that has memories of when I bought certain items, and is made up of several items that are just cool or are super rare even if they are not valuable. I guess I would really just prefer to have several cards in my collection that are extremely rare instead of one.

The other big thing that would stop me from making that trade is the value difference. If you are trading with another collector there should be some sort of equality in the trade. Yes, there can be some value difference when someone really wants something and the items are extremely rare, but a difference of millions of dollars is not suitable. I would simply feel guilty and never be able to enjoy the card knowing how I got it with such a difference value.
E92 Red Crofts - Anyone especially Barry, Shean, and Evers