View Single Post
Old 03-01-2021, 01:57 PM
Alan Strout

Charlie,

Here's the 1965 Brooks Robinson team issued postcard and B&W 8x10 photo. The O's would use the same pose again in 1966.

1965 Postcard & 8x10 Photo

1965 Postcards 08 - Copy.jpg Robinson, Brooks 8 - Copy.jpg

I'm also including the Orioles 1965 spring training program from Miami. The cover featured Brooks.

1965 Spring Training Program

1965 Spring Training (Miami) - Copy.jpg

On a side note, please give me a moment to rant.

Yesterday was the Orioles first spring training game in Sarasota since last years COVID shutdown. It was nice to see baseball in person, but not the same atmosphere I'm used to at spring training. Lots of changes as expected. One that hit me by complete surprise was the Orioles eliminating printed programs at the game. I was told I could download the program to my phone. What a bunch of BS... Have fun scoring the game on your phone. The plan is to go all digital at Camden Yards also. I am one who loves programs and have spring training programs, as well as many other publications, back to 1954. This is yet another example of the Orioles ignoring their older fans to cater to technology. First it was printed media guides, then yearbooks and now game day programs. I'm certain that the Orioles run of player postcards from 1954 to present will come to an end this summer. I'm not sure what to collect anymore.

Thanks for letting me vent....