View Single Post
Old 10-30-2022, 04:42 PM

Default Brooks on Boxes / Displays

Hi, everyone. Thought to share my boxes or displays with Brooks. Going from left to right. Here is one of my many Bazooka Boxes. This is the 1967 version (Mantle on the back). I have all of the other complete boxes (1963, 1964, 1966, 1968, and 1971; minus the 1965) but they are graded. The Bazooka boxes make great displays. Next, the 1964 Rawlings MVP box featuring Brooks and Boyer on the back. This box is pretty big and included a glove. There are two other glove boxes that Brooks appeard on that I am aware of. There is the 1971 WS Glove Box with Roberto Clemente (I believe his signature appeard on the box; beautiful Red, White and Blue signed glove) and the 1964 Big 8 Rawlings Gove Box. The Big 8 Box has 2 four player panels including Brooks. I have the complete 8 player hand cut card set along with the Brooks 4 player panel. The Big 8 Box is probably my favorite. I have not seen either box but always looking. Next is the 1962 Toasites Corn Flakes full box from Post Cereal. This box was never assembled and includes the hand cut post cereal cards. Pretty rare and am tempted to assemble. Just below the Post box is the 1975 Topps box with Brooks batting what appears to be left handed. One of the two 1971 Milk Duds boxes appears with it. Below that is the the 1989 Baseball Greates Card Box by Swell. Above that box is the 1968 Creative Creations Marble Series 3 featuring Brooks. I have 5 of the 6 Series (missing Series 2). These are pretty hard to find intact. The Marbles are not easy to see but is an aweseome display. I somehow have a small Brooks cut out from this display and would love to grade it. Below the Marbles is the 1970 Action Cartridge Complete Box still in its original sealed box. This box is gradable by PSA as a box and as a panel. Next, is the 1969 Transogram Box. This is 1 of 60 boxes in that set. I am working on the Set (46 out of 60). PSA grades the box, big card and small card. Above the Transogram box is the 1967 Topps Pin-Up Box with Brooks and Mantle. The Topps Boxes make such great displays. Too bad Brooks is not on more. Above the 67 Topps Pin-Up Box is the 1970 Corn Flakes Kellogs Box. This box is an advertisement for the card inserts. On top of the Kellogs Box is my Special Armour Meats Baseball Offer display with Brooks appearing on the ball. I believe this is late 60s or early 70s. Next, are the 1975 and 1976 Hostess Boxes. Both boxes are part of the PSA Master as panels and individual hand cut cards. Finally, the 1977 Burger Chef Triple Play Funmeal Box. This box was provided to kids with the funmeals and features 8 other Oriole greats. This would make a great display but the card faces are on the bottom or rear when the box is assembled. The discs are smaller than the other 1976 and 1977 discs that are part of the PSA Master. The Burger Chef Brooks Disc is perforated and part of the PSA Master. Would love to see other boxes out there that I am not aware of. Happy Collecting!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg boxes.jpg (213.2 KB, 303 views)