View Single Post
Old 02-25-2022, 07:27 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbcard1 View Post
I have a pretty good background in shows having helped Marco promote the CSA Shows for years. I have toyed with the idea of promoting aa 100+ table show in Richmond. I had planned getting back into the promotion business when I sold my advertising company in 2019, but between Covid and my independent consulting being much busier than I had anticipated, it hasn't happened.
Ditto, sorta. We (not the royal "we"; me and two other guys) promoted three local shows several years ago and I've thought about reviving it given the huge surge of interest in collecting, but the COVID thing and the heightened security concerns with all the money this market brings have dissuaded me so far. With the rash of robberies in many places, card shows are sitting ducks. I'd want to hire off-duty police officers to have armed security in place and it would just about double the costs of the show. In the past we wanted two things for sure: free admission and table fees under $100 a table. I am not sure we could keep table fees at anything like that level with the need for enhanced security and liability insurance.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...