View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 12:00 PM
Administrator

Default Network 54 National Dinner for 2006

Posted By: leon

Hey Folks,
Here we go again. I don't think it's too early to get this thing booked. This year the Net54 Dinner is going to be on Friday evening, at least that is the thought right now. There are other functions going on on Thursday, Wednesday is too soon, and some folks might be leaving on Saturday. I need some help in getting the right venue. I know there are a lot of board members from the Anaheim area so I am pleading for some responses/help in coordinating it. Last year went fine, we had about 50-52 folks, and except for the noise level (it was at a loud sports bar), it was good. This year I want to pick a place that is much more quiet. The reason for getting together is not to listen to music but to talk about crap in person, that we can only do once a year. I also liked the buffet as everyone got to have something they liked. My guess is we need a place for 40-70 folks....If anyone has connections at a very close hotel, to get a conference room, that could work. I am not so worried about the food (heck, Domino's can deliver for all I care) as I am the venue. Beer is a must too . It does need to be within about 3-5 miles of the National, imo..Once we get it booked then later on I will get RSVP's and they will have a place for sure..anyone else wanting to come to it will be as last year, on stand by (and everyone did get to come that wanted too...though it was a little tight)..thoughts....