View Single Post
Old 05-25-2020, 03:10 PM
Arnie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSix View Post
I’m finally retrieving my card sets and partial sets from the closet and storing upright in binders so I can better access and enjoy them. Building on the original poster’s question are there any opinions on the following?

1. The Ultra Pro Sheets are available in the Silver series or Platinum series. The Platinum are heavier gauge plastic but more expensive. Would you recommend the Platinum sheet or am I’m just over thinking this? Storing fairly high-condition 1960’s and early 1970’s sets. Earlier cards are in more modest condition.

2. The more important question for us that store our cards in the 3 D-Ring binders is what potentially damage to we need to mindful of?

Thank you in advance for any input
I use the Platinum series, they are great. As to storing, I use D ring binders and store them FLAT, no more than 4 high. Flat keeps the cards perfect, storing standing up the sheets and cards can curl at the bottom and not stay flat. Never had card damage from the sheets or binders or from them coming out, but also I put my cards in back to back which makes them move less in the pockets as they double the thickness this way in the pocket.

I store cards like this from cheap cards to expensive cards and have done so for decades.

Last edited by dabigyankeeman; 05-25-2020 at 03:11 PM.