View Single Post
Old 06-16-2022, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emergencydonut View Post
Thank you; I appreciate the extra detail there. Yes, my ticket stub has a date written in pencil on the back. I don't see it exactly in the lot picture, but it's a very similar look to those tickets. Maybe I will reach out to the seller to try to learn more. Thanks again.

Edit: I searched seller's other sold listings, and you're right, some of these tickets match the Huggins+Scott auction lot 100%, like this really obvious one. I sent the seller a message asking for more information. I also mailed Huggins and Scott, just on the off chance they might be able to shed some light on things.
Seller's response:
Hi,

All of the ticket stubs were sold on consignment from a collector's grandson. His grandfather attended every game and would date the tickets on the back of the stub at the end of every game.

Thanks,

Bobby
This seems impossible, right? Like, this guy clearly bought these tickets from the Huggins and Scott auction. Or, someone else bought them and sold them to him, but in any case, he did not actually get these from the grandson of a collector to sell on consignment. At best, he got lied to, and at worst, he's lying. Is there another way to interpret this situation?

Edit: He followed up with:
A consignor reached out to me and told me he had just acquired a collection that his grandfather had with dates on the back of the tickets. He sent me the tickets in a binder with the dates on the back and pictures with his grandfather at the games. I took the binder apart to list the tickets and sent him back the binder with the pictures. I have no clue where the consignor acquired the tickets from. I'm just going by what he said and the information that was in the binder.
I asked him for pictures of the binder and the grandfather game photos, etc, or to follow up with the consignor for such provenance information. Reply:
I'll ask the consignor. I'm fairly certain these didn't come from an auction house though. I looked at the link that you sent and they are similar, but there's numerous amounts of tickets that have that exact same stamp on it. Grand stand seats were numerous back then. Basically a general admission ticket.
For anybody following or researching this situation/seller in the future, I am 100% convinced that this seller's ticket stubs came from the Huggins and Scott auction. The paper grain signifiers match completely, as do the edge perforations/deckling. Best example of that attached (one image with green circles marking extra-obvious unique match spots).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ticket comp.jpg (36.4 KB, 196 views)
File Type: jpg ticket comp (example circles).jpg (37.6 KB, 199 views)

Last edited by emergencydonut; 06-16-2022 at 04:07 PM.