View Single Post
Old 10-08-2006, 10:35 PM
Administrator

Default Today's Baseball and the Playoffs- O/T

Posted By: Joe_G.

Wow, congrats to the Tigers, As, Mets, and Cards/Padres.

I can't believe I was out of town this weekend. I had tickets offered to me for both Friday and Saturday games but the wife & I already had planned and paid for Texas vs OU game so here I am in Dallas. OU lost, but still one of the best sports weekends ever thanks to the Tigers. I caught most of the Friday game in Atlanta (lay-over) at a Chilis restaurant and the rest on the plane's satelite radio. Then, today, I had to resort to ESPN game cast on my cell phone for pitch by pitch updates until the 9th when I found a beer tent to finish watching the game. So here I was at the Texas State fairgrounds, a bunch of different college football games on with one TV showing the Tigers. When Walker got the last out, there was a louder cheer than any of the football games could muster. Lot's of Yankee haters down here. OK, I'm rambling.

Jay Miller - Sorry our "pussycats" didn't play nice

John - Good job if you picked Detroit in 4, how does the pitching match up for Tigers / As?

Troy, Joann, Keith, Mike, Joe, Joe, and anyone I'm forgetting - We should meet up for an ALCS game !

Best Regards,
Joe Gonsowski