View Single Post
Old 12-15-2018, 03:35 PM

Default 1934-36 Batter Up

The latest Old Cardboard e-newsletter has a nice write up on this (I think) under appreciated 30's set. But I think there are a couple of details that are missing.
- The red and green cards are only found with the first half (1-40) of the low number set. The other four colors are found on all low numbered cards.
-Having never seen an uncut sheet, that leads me to believe that 1-40 and 41-80 were issued on separate sheets, even if issued at the same time.
-The 112 high numbers, being a slight bit smaller, seem to have been issued in two 56 card sheets and were not consecutively numbered on those sheets. Cards with miscuts do not match up.
-It also seems that the high number cards were skip numbered, with two distinct styles of type in the csption boxes, either large or small. The larger font captions seem to generally tougher to find than the others, and may have been issued later based on team changes.

If anyone has additional thoughts or research, I'd be interested. Also, if there are any uncut sheets out there, I'd love to seem them.

Last edited by judsonhamlin; 12-15-2018 at 03:36 PM.