View Single Post
Old 01-11-2007, 09:13 AM
Administrator

Default If the bottom fell out...

Posted By: Mike

What is the definition of "bottom falling out"? 25% drop? 50% drop? etc. etc. They become worthless? I am a collector, and always have been I have thousands of cards, and I believe I have only sold 4 in the last 20 years. I sold one card a year ago, and was able to pay my taxes, and take my wife to hawaii. So I am not opposed to the high heights that some cards have attained in the last 15 years. But to be brutally honest, I would not mind seeing a drop in prices. It would make my hobby ambitions easier to attain. And it might also allow some younger people, or less fortunate folks to get involved in the hobby. My 22 year old son, only sees this hobby, as something adults do. . Which is kind of sad. Again, being a collector only, I wouldn't mind seeing a drop in prices. maybe 25%.

Many comments surround causes, as being economically driven. What if the card market fell victim to the same fate as the coin market of years ago? The US economy might be fantastic, but cards may fall because of corrupt grading practices. Not that there are any. Not implying that. But there are other factors besides interest rates, war and politics.