View Single Post
Old 06-20-2010, 10:00 PM
David M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M's_Fan View Post
I am no Kobe fan but I have to admit he deserved the MVP. True he didn't score many points in the final game, and he shot poorly in the first half, but there is no question he ran the team and made the victory happen. Case in point was trusting Artest and dishing him the ball at such a clutch moment, despite the fact that Artest hadn't been shooting the ball great. People criticized Kobe for scoring too much in game 5 when the Lakers still lost, and they still criticize him when he is unselfish with the ball and leads his team to victory. No doubt he deserved MVP.

If the Celtics had stayed healthy throughout this series I think they would have won.

Why did Doc Rivers bench Rondo so much in the 4th quarter? Made no sense to me, he was the only Celtic that was having a good game.
You mention something that I thought of too. There was a point earlier in the season, when the Lakers were in a position to win a game if someone hits a 3 (or maybe tie, I forget). Anyway, at the time Kobe had the ball, and could have shot it himself. But he saw Artest open for a 3 and dished him the ball for a wide open shot. Ron missed and the Lakers lost. You could see Kobe talking to him afterwards. And I said to my friend, Kobe did that to get Ron ready for later. Now he knows Kobe might go to him at an important moment, and he better be ready to knock that down. Sure enough, it came up in Game 7. Who would have thought!