View Single Post
Old 09-09-2014, 09:19 AM
Todd Schultz

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
The whole situation is totally confusing to me. I keep reading comments like "the video changed things" but in all honesty, what did the video change? Everyone already knew this "man" knocked his wife out. Everyone saw her laid out on the ground and him trying to figure out what to do now.

So now we've seen him knock her out. What did anyone think happened in that elevator before the video was released? Did the Ravens and the NFL think that maybe Ray Rice just sneezed and elbowed his wife by accident? This is exactly what should have happened in the first place. The NFL and Ravens are disgusting. They make this move only when the public forces them to, and its in the name of PR rather than shining a light on an animal and taking the stance that the NFL will not accept this behavior.

+1. The video added nothing but confirmation of what was already known, and what Rice already admitted doing. He accepted full responsibility and offered no excuses. That of course doesn't make it right, but the video only titillates the masses. It might have been different had it shown him crowding her immediately upon entering the elevator and then wailing like a boxer. However, it was a simple one punch, as he had admitted. She came at him, he has no where to go, should have just taken it---I'm offering no excuses but again, this video did not change a damn thing.

Now of course there's the rush to see who can be the most outraged, and the hunt for those who don't express enough of it--they must be insensitive at best and part of the problem at worst. Further affirmation of our society today- extreme reactions only please, all others need not apply.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.