View Single Post
Old 05-21-2023, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
The strategy to which I made reference is different than what you mention here. You're talking about comfort level. I'm talking about counterfeits.

A fake card is fake, regardless of one's comfort level. If someone is trying to sell a fake, and I've identified the card as fake, I won't deal with them.

Period.
What if I'm convinced he has no idea if what he has is fake or not? That he has probably never even considered the possibility? I won't go into details for his privacy but this isn't your average scummy fake card seller cruising into the card shop smelling like cigarettes and all sped up and whatnot.

I get what you're saying, as others here have mentioned. You've learned from experience to draw that hard line when counterfeits appear. Perhaps I'm being naive in thinking I can navigate this whole thing and all you guys are just shaking your heads with the knowledge I'm going to come back with a sob story at some point. Your collective experiences are pointing to me running quickly away from this as far and fast as I can. I get it.

But I'll never learn if I don't take risks, and me passing on the cards in question if it comes down to it and acquiring the rest of the collection at good value seems like a good, measured risk to me.

Will I find more fakes in the piece of the collection I buy? Likely. But if I account for this likelihood in the deal itself I shouldn't get hurt too bad in the grand scheme of things. At least this is what I'm telling my naive, inexperienced self!

Regardless, I appreciate everyone's efforts in attempting to guide me. I am listening and internalizing.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk