View Single Post
Old 01-28-2022, 01:52 PM
Bob C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
As of now Ebay has chosen to work with CSG - In my experience their graded cards have little resale/market respect. With more work than they can handle, why would PSA or SGC jump on board? If they did, then I am 1000% with you. Till something changes, I wouldn't want a CSG graded card.
Aren't they just going for authentification though, and not actual grading? If so, I don't think the resale aspect is all that important/applicable. However, can see the respect aspect maybe playing a part in whether or not people can trust them to accurately be able to authenticate cards.

I think the biggest factor in how this may play out is the as yet unanswered question that myself, and others, have already voiced elsewhere in this thread, what happens when a card/item is authenticated by this new Ebay authentication service, but is later rejected as a fake when the buyer sends it in to a TPG for actual grading? Especially if it can take months, or over a year, after submitting to a TPG for the seller to find out the card/item is no good after all, but it is now way past the normal return policy parameters, or credit card claim dispute filing deadlines.

I'm waiting for the day someone starts a class action type suit against a selling platform, like Ebay, for something like this. If this is something Ebay is going to push, I can't see them effectively transferring the total liability for potential mistakes like that onto just a third party authenticator, like CSG.