View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve L View Post
Neither PSA nor SGC have labeled a card as a Daubert W573 card. PSA graded the Daubert W573 type 2 card as E120 Blank Back which I own. This card may have been the card in the 2007 Higgins and Scott Auction ungraded and sold as a W573 card (the auction picture shows it as a type 2 card). I've never seen a Daubert W573 type I or III card. Is it possible that your unconfirmed list of W573 type I cards is from cards sold as mixed W573 types? If someone has a Daubert W573 type I card, I'd love to know that it exists. Thanks
Daubert is a card that has been unconfirmed on all 3 lists. For the purposes of my list I will accept any Type 2 cards that have been identified by a grading company as E120, as long as they appear to be machine cut and regular size. Does your graded Daubert appear regular size and machine cut, or a little narrow and hand cut? If the latter, I will remove it from the Unconfirmed Type 2 list.

I have not been able distinguish a thickness difference between a regular E120 card and a W573 Type 1, so unless it looks machine cut and regular size, I would assume it to be a W573. My eventual plan is to check graded cards online to identify any Type 2 or Type 3 cards out there, since all are labeled simply as W573.

A fair amount of the lists were created from my collection...I like neglected sets of cards.

Brian

Last edited by brianp-beme; 02-04-2020 at 01:23 AM.