View Single Post
Old 03-04-2021, 01:18 PM
Mike P.ap

Default SGC is fine.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanP View Post
I agree for post-war, but what about pre-war? I don't buy a lot of pre-war any more so I wouldn't know, but I thought their resale values held up vs. PSA with pre-war? If not, they are definitely in trouble!
Their re-sale values vs other TPGs are fine. There is a lot of misinformation out there. In realtion to the "trimming scandal" how many "trouble cards" do you see in SGC holders? Think about that.

I've been collecting since 1976, like a guy like Ted Z, I've seen plenty of cards that are not trimmed. I collect those very cards. Ones that come from original collections or ones that I opened in packs myself etc....

I've NEVER bought an SGC card that ended up on the "scandal boards" so to speak. Never bought another TPG either that has ended up on the boards.

We can argue prices all day but trust me, SGC is healthy pre-war. Newer cards I have no idea!

I hate to say this but it has served me quite well over the years...... "Buy the card.......not the holder". It really is that simple.

Experience and knowledge is healthy. SGC is a company that is not going away. Trust me on that!

Peace, Mike

Last edited by vthobby; 03-04-2021 at 01:21 PM.