View Single Post
Old 09-02-2018, 07:32 PM
Jeff P

Default Vintage Football Community - New Board

Hi all,

First, thanks for Leon for allowing me to post this message on Net54!

------

Hi all,

I'm reaching out to fellow football collectors to make you aware of a new collectors community I'm starting. For a long time I've been thinking about starting a football only forum where hard core football collectors can congregate and share. I feel now is the time to create one.

Vintage Football Community (VFC) is a community of football card and memorabilia collectors who enjoy each others company and want to talk about the hobby in a relaxed, stress free environment. It is an invitation only community so we can talk privately about issues and challenges in our hobby while also sharing our collections. Because I want this to be a COMMUNITY in more than name only, there is a posting requirement - but I've taken a different twist on it. Each member will be required to START a thread each month in which they share knowledge about a particular set, memorabilia item, player, team, etc from their personal collection. Videos, re-purposed blogs, podcast posts / discussions, etc. will count as long as knowledge and images are shared. Other than this, you can post as often or infrequently as you wish. Attaboys, welcome messages, social discussions, current football talk, etc. are all encouraged but don't count toward the goal of sharing knowledge.

Beyond posting, I expect members to have the utmost respect for one another and will not tolerate disrespectful discussions or comments toward members. We are not children.

If you're interested in learning more, email me directly and I can answer your questions. I know some of you may not want to commit to starting a thread each month and I can respect that. But I will be sticking to my plan to require new monthly threads as each member needs to actively participate for VFC to truly be a community! No lurking is allowed, as a thriving community is one in which everyone helps make it successful. As the Amish say "many hands make light work".

Contact me at jefferyepayne@gmail.com if interested and willing to abide by our posting rule.

Best regards,

Jeff Payne